Our Five Year Plan
We would like organizations, groups, and individuals to enjoy working toward common goals with their interests and strengths close at heart and aligned with our GAF Mission. Our focus areas will be driven by new strategies aligned with the best practices of educational foundations nationwide and the District 304 Vision.
Four Focus Areas
1. Classroom Funding
Our Core Mission of funding Teacher Grants and Classroom grants that Enrich the Student Experience.
The common Vision of all members of Geneva School District 304 is to assist every student to become:
- Self-directed, lifelong learners
- Effective communicators
- Complex, creative, and adaptive thinkers
- Collaborative workers/citizens
Grants across all classroom studies including: Language Arts, Reading, Writing, Speaking, World Language, Math, Science, Technology, Engineering, Social Studies, History, Business in addition to others.
Examples: Stand up desks, multiple classroom Smartboards, computers, software
College and career readiness, preparation for life after high school whether the choice is to attend college, entering the workforce, or obtaining career technical training.
- Annual Scholarships to graduating GHS Seniors
- Next-Gen Technical Training, Vocational school, Fox Valley Career Center
Examples: Annual scholarships are given to several graduating Geneva High School seniors ($2500 ea. Scholarship) and funding is provided for much of the equipment in GTV television studio for students pursuing careers in broadcasting.
3. Cultural Arts
Arts Support the Next Generation of students in Visual and Performing Arts
- Art, Music, Theater, Clubs
Examples: DECA iPads for tradeshows, SmartPens and MAC computers for GHS art classes, funding for French Language singer/performer for the students taking a class
4. Community Support
- Student services, early education intervention, counselors, family engagement
- Focused through mentoring, tutoring, tracking, guidance, and support services
- Student health, physical education
- Aligned to District 304 Purpose, desire to learn, and support the needs of the individual
Examples: DECA iPads for tradeshows, SmartPens and MAC computers for GHS art classes, funding for French Language singer/performer for the students taking a class.
Interested in partnering with us?
We will create additional opportunities for the community to partner with GAF over the next 5 years through our 5-year plan, Foundation 2020. We would like organizations, groups, and individuals to enjoy working toward common goals with their interests and strengths close at heart with our GAF Mission in mind.